Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Jason Height <jh...@minotaur.apache.org> on 2005/08/08 09:26:02 UTC

500K patch file for rich text

All,

How do we want to handle this patch for the rich text support. The patch
is quite large because it includes the "pull method" patch attached to bug
31906. I dont believe that this mailing list will allow me to send an
email with a file that is arround the 500K mark, so this makes reviewing
the diff difficult.

I could just apply it and if there are any major problems then it can be
backed out. Thoughts? Should this be done before or after a formal 3.0
release. I would have thought that 3.0 should contain something major
maybe this is it.

Jason

Re: 500K patch file for rich text

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
Jason,

When you put this in, can you ping the dev list, since its likely that
the commit mail will be eaten up due to size...

Regards
-
Avik

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Does it handle that file I sent you ok?

Jason Height wrote:

> All,
>
> How do we want to handle this patch for the rich text support. The
> patch is quite large because it includes the "pull method" patch
> attached to bug 31906. I dont believe that this mailing list will
> allow me to send an email with a file that is arround the 500K mark,
> so this makes reviewing the diff difficult.
>
> I could just apply it and if there are any major problems then it can
> be backed out. Thoughts? Should this be done before or after a formal
> 3.0 release. I would have thought that 3.0 should contain something
> major maybe this is it.
>
> Jason

Re: 500K patch file for rich text

Posted by ac...@jboss.org.
Definitely 3.0.

Do this:
cvs tag BEFORE_RICH
do patch
cvs commit
cvs tag AFTER_RICH

that should allow review by anyone with

cvs diff -r BEFORE_RICH -r AFTER_RICH...

-andy