Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by LeReunionais <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/13 04:23:48 UTC

Re: Creating Snowflake schema / Link 2 Cubes

I see that in Bart's use case, there was a one to many relationship between
books and author (one book is written by many authors). Looking at json
model definition he posted, I can only see a one to one relationship.

Could you explain how this one to many relationship is archived?

Re: Creating Snowflake schema / Link 2 Cubes

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
We could create multiple models and cubes like
- Model 1: Book (alone)
- Model 2: Author (alone)
- Model 3: Book join Author

Depending on the incoming query, Kylin will choose the right model with
best performance.