Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John MccLain <jm...@tcshealthcare.com> on 2005/03/24 01:05:06 UTC

How to edit and automatically upload to a servlet ???

Howdy,
I am using tomcat and the jakarta commons fileupload utilities. I can upload
a file and store it in the db, then download it and have it come up in the
appropriate editor for its mime type. What I want to do is, when I download
it, and it opens in its editor- I want to reupload it toa servlet that
updates the database with the changes. I have the servlet, but how do I get
the file to automatically upload after the editing is done

John McClain
Senior Software Engineer
TCS Healthcare
jmcclain@tcshealthcare.com
(530)886-1700x235
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."

Re: How to edit and automatically upload to a servlet ???

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Have a look at webDAV. I think the Tomcat webDAV servlet is too basic
for your needs but take a look at Slide.

Mark