Posted to user@ant.apache.org by John Santos-Ocampo <Jo...@ThriveMedia.com> on 2001/03/15 20:38:01 UTC

jvc and Jikes compiler

Hi,

I've created an ant file which specifies the microsoft (jvc) compiler using
the following setting:

<property name="build.compiler" value="jvc" />

However, when I run the ANT I get the following error message referring to
IBM's Jikes compiler.  This is the error message:

C:\antteh.xml:89: Error running Jikes compiler
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: jvc /d B:\texasClass\class /cp:p
"B:\texasCl
ass\class;B:\texasClass
        at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute$Java13CommandLauncher.exec(Exec
ute.java:390)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.execute(Execute.java:247)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.executeJikesCompile(Javac.java:80
9)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.doJvcCompile(Javac.java:901)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:338)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:818)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:532)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:506)

Note: I have Micrsoft's compiler on my machine. I don't have the Jikes
compiler on my machine.

Any clues as to what is wrong here?

John

Re: jvc and Jikes compiler

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
> I've created an ant file which specifies the microsoft (jvc) compiler
using
> the following setting:
>
> <property name="build.compiler" value="jvc" />
>
> However, when I run the ANT I get the following error message referring to
> IBM's Jikes compiler.  This is the error message:
>
> C:\antteh.xml:89: Error running Jikes compiler
> java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: jvc /d B:\texasClass\class /cp:p
> "B:\texasCl
> ass\class;B:\texasClass

This is Ant 1.2, isn't it? It seems to be simply an error with the
error-message - Ant really tries to execute the MS compiler. Next problem
seems to be that Ant can't execute jvc.exe. Is jvc.exe on your path and
callable from the command-line?

Nico