Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mark Phipps <ma...@sucfin.com> on 2018/12/12 17:26:13 UTC

How to Push NetBeans Plugins Silently to End Users?

Hi all,

I am keen to follow the way of "pushing" updates to my NB platform app,
that Geertjan and Jiri Rechtacek described a few years ago, in their
blog posts and which is referred to in several other places.

https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/how-to-push-netbeans-plugins-silently-to-end-users

https://www.pellissier.co.za/hermien/?p=496

However Jiri's blogpost with details of his plugin and technique seems
to have disappeared. Can anyone point me to where I can find that plugin
or details/example code to make this happen?

Searching for Jiri himself, I came across the WakaTime netbeans plugin -
is this the same/similar thing?
https://github.com/wakatime/netbeans-wakatime/blob/master/src/org/wakatime/netbeans/plugin/UpdateHandler.java

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Mark

*Mark Phipps |***Front Office Development Manager
*Sucden Financial Limited |*Plantation Place South***|***60 Great Tower
Street***| *London EC3R 5AZ

*Telephone (DDI): *+44 (0)20 3207 5140* | Switchboard:***+44 (0)20 3207 5000
*Email: *mark.phipps@sucfin.com <ma...@sucfin.com> |
*Website:* www.sucdenfinancial.com <http://www.sucdenfinancial.com>

Twitter <https://twitter.com/SucdenFinancial>| LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/sucden-financial-limited>

www.sucdenfinancial.com

Sucden Financial Limited, Plantation Place South, 60 Great Tower Street, London EC3R 5AZ
Telephone +44 203 207 5000

Registered in England no. 1095841
VAT registration no. GB 446 9061 33

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and entered in the FCA register under no. 114239

This email, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify postmaster@sucfin.com immediately and delete it from your computer system.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and its attachments are virus-free, but you should check.

Sucden Financial Limited may monitor traffic data of both business and personal emails. By replying to this email, you consent to Sucden Financial 's monitoring
the content of any emails you send to or receive from Sucden Financial . Sucden Financial is not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a
non-business email.

The contents of this e-mail do not constitute advice and should not be regarded as a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise deal with any particular investment.
Where any trade ideas are made by an employee of Sucden Financial in an electronic communication, these are made incidentally to your dealing relationship with
us and are provided solely to enable you to make your own investment decisions and do not amount to advice. Please note that the employee may have had many, varied
trade ideas over the past 12 months, including contrary ideas. Any trade ideas are solely based on the employee’s market knowledge and experience and may not be
tailored to your specific circumstances or investment objectives. Please contact the employee who made the trade idea if you would like to see any of his/her trade
ideas made in the previous 12 months for comparative purposes. Please visit our website to view our full risk warnings and disclaimers: www.sucdenfinancial.com.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.

Re: How to Push NetBeans Plugins Silently to End Users?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Very cool, thanks!

Gj

Posted by Mark Phipps <ma...@sucfin.com>.