Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stephen Friedrich <st...@eekboom.de> on 2007/05/08 02:12:22 UTC

Issues after migrating from ADF Faces to Trinidad

Oh my, I tried to switch from ADF faces to Trinidad, but so very many
small things are broken now.
Here are a couple of issues concerning one of my tables:
* width attribute on column is ignored: My table now is about two times
   my monitor width (at 1900 pixel display resolution).
* validateDoubleRange now requires minimum and maximum attributes, else
   I get a client side validation error like "45 is larger than null".
   In ADF Faces I simply used <af:validateDoubleRange/> to ensure it is
   a double at all.
* The client side validation fails for fractional numbers. The text field
   correctly contain a value like "7,50" - using the "," as decimal separator
   like in German and most other non-english locales.
   Saving the form without changing anything at all gives a validation error
      "Fehler bei Formularvalidierung: Der Wert "7.50" ist keine Zahl"
   => "Error validating form: The value "7.50" is not a number".
   My browser's preferred language is set to "de_DE", then "de".
   faces-config.xml contains
         <locale-config>
             <default-locale>de_DE</default-locale>
             <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
             <supported-locale>de</supported-locale>
         </locale-config>

Here's a snippet from my code ("af" is prefix for uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad" - I just didn't bother changing it everywhere.):

<af:column styleClass="turnoverColumnTotal" width="60px">
     <f:facet name="header">
         <af:outputText styleClass="smallTitle" escape="false" value="#{Output.CALENDAR_WEEK}-#{_turnoverOptions.targetTime.weekNo1} <br/>
#{_turnoverOptions.targetTime.weekDayText1} <br/> #{_turnoverOptions.targetTime.weekHours1}" />
     </f:facet>
     <f:facet name="footer">
         <af:inputText disabled="true" id="total_week1" value="#{_turnoverOptions.total.total_week1}"  styleClass="shortNumber"/>
     </f:facet>
     <af:inputText id="amountWeek1"  styleClass="shortNumber" value="#{turnover.amountWeek1}"  >
         <af:convertNumber maxFractionDigits="2" minFractionDigits="2" />
         <af:validateDoubleRange minimum="-100000.0" maximum="100000.0"/>
     </af:inputText>
</af:column>

Re: Issues after migrating from ADF Faces to Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
> * validateDoubleRange now requires minimum and maximum attributes, else
>    I get a client side validation error like "45 is larger than null".
>    In ADF Faces I simply used <af:validateDoubleRange/> to ensure it is
>    a double at all.

just fixed it

> * The client side validation fails for fractional numbers. The text field
>    correctly contain a value like "7,50" - using the "," as decimal separator
>    like in German and most other non-english locales.
>    Saving the form without changing anything at all gives a validation error
>       "Fehler bei Formularvalidierung: Der Wert "7.50" ist keine Zahl"
>    => "Error validating form: The value "7.50" is not a number".

wasn't seeing it. however, there was a similar issue, which already
has been fix.

can you give the latest trunk:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/trinidad/

a shot ?