Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by gvp <bl...@gala.net> on 2005/02/03 09:38:50 UTC

Component Validation Question

   I'm creating a set of components which are derived from BaseComponent and use html template.
Each component has a set of HTML controls (selects, textareas etc.) but doesn't have  tag.
The last one is located at target page in which components are placed.
This page is responsible for gathering and processing information from enclosed components.

The question is: How to add validation (client and server side) to each component and force component to validate its one HTML controls?
Usually when I try to implement validation as it made in tutorial I get following message:
   "No IValidationDelegate is available to ValidField
   Home/$ReportControls.dateSelect.fromDateShift; it is specified as the delegate parameter of Form Home/$ReportControls.$Form."

 --

 Best regards,

 gvp