Posted to users@maven.apache.org by aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2009/10/14 20:36:02 UTC

custom plugin combining/calling up other plugins

hi,

i need plugin functionality which should reuse functionality from two others
(dbunit+jetty) and add some custom additional behaviour. generally i try to
avoid building custom plugins and to reuse existing ones but now i got a
very specific probem for integration tests. further more the plugin
configuration should be easier to read as fiddling/workaround/hacking around
with configurations.

what is the best practice to call other plugins in a custom plugin? do i add
these two other plugins as dependency and just call them up in plugin-code?

thanks

thanks.

-----
manuel aldana
aldana((at))gmx.de
software-engineering blog: http://www.aldana-online.de

Re: custom plugin combining/calling up other plugins

Posted by Allan Ditzel <al...@gmail.com>.
The MojoExecutor worked very well for me:

http://code.google.com/p/mojo-executor/

Just statically import the methods and use as per the example in the page.

Hope that helps!

Allan