Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Giedrius Trumpickas <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/29 20:30:41 UTC

XmlBeans and xml digitail signature

Hi,

I have tried to use apache xml-security 1.3.0 framework to  create xml
digital signatures for xmlbean instances with no success.
Apache xml security framework uses DOM node as input for signature creation
but unfortunately xml beans DOM api does not work as expected.
I have compiled SAML 2.0 core schemas and trying to create SAML
2.0assertion and digitally sign it.

I have noticed following problems:

1) There is no way how to get xmlns:* attribute value through xml beans DOM
API and apache xml security excpects it
3) Element#getTagName does not return fully qualified name namespace prefix
is missing

It would be nice to specify namespaceURI mapping to prefix when creating new
XML bean instances or specify at compile time when compiling schemas, then
Element#getTagName can return normal fully qualified name.

Without these features XML canonicalization of xml bean instances does not
work when trying to canonicalize by using apache xml security.
Is there is any plans to support xml security in XML beans? Or at least XML
digital signature.

Thanks,

Giedrius