Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> on 2003/01/04 08:06:12 UTC

Re: perl's system() w/ apache under win2k

[ taking this discussion over to the docs-dev list]

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Terra Info wrote:
> > Two things: 1) this is not the list for this question.
> > 2) a probable answer anyhow->
>
> If that's a real pitfall and it's doomed to be a recurrent
> question, can we please document this under win32/? Also,
> Randy, it seems that there is whole lot of win32 issues which
> apply to all mod_perl versions (per our faq discussion), so
> rather than duplicating them in docs/1.0/os/win32 and
> docs/2.0/os/win32, we should probably have an area for general
> win32 issues, e.g. docs/general/os/win32 and point to it from
> both 1.0 and 2.0.

I was thinking - the faqs I put under docs/2.0/os/win32/ are
also, at the moment, general, in the sense that there's nothing
mod_perl 2 specific in them. What about moving them over to
docs/general/os/win32, and then including the discussion of the
above thread?

--
best regards,
randy

Re: perl's system() w/ apache under win2k

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

>>> If that's a real pitfall and it's doomed to be a recurrent
>>> question, can we please document this under win32/? Also,
>>> Randy, it seems that there is whole lot of win32 issues which
>>> apply to all mod_perl versions (per our faq discussion), so
>>> rather than duplicating them in docs/1.0/os/win32 and
>>> docs/2.0/os/win32, we should probably have an area for general
>>> win32 issues, e.g. docs/general/os/win32 and point to it from
>>> both 1.0 and 2.0.
>>

>> I was thinking - the faqs I put under docs/2.0/os/win32/ are
>> also, at the moment, general, in the sense that there's nothing
>> mod_perl 2 specific in them. What about moving them over to
>> docs/general/os/win32, and then including the discussion of the
>> above thread?
>

> +1

And of course it's probably a good idea to keep a doc at
docs/2.0/os/win32/ which points to the general area, so readers will
know that it exists. I suppose in the future there will be 2.0 specific
things too.

Re: perl's system() w/ apache under win2k

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Randy Kobes wrote:
> [ taking this discussion over to the docs-dev list]
>
> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Terra Info wrote:
>>
>>>Two things: 1) this is not the list for this question.
>>>2) a probable answer anyhow->
>>
>>If that's a real pitfall and it's doomed to be a recurrent
>>question, can we please document this under win32/? Also,
>>Randy, it seems that there is whole lot of win32 issues which
>>apply to all mod_perl versions (per our faq discussion), so
>>rather than duplicating them in docs/1.0/os/win32 and
>>docs/2.0/os/win32, we should probably have an area for general
>>win32 issues, e.g. docs/general/os/win32 and point to it from
>>both 1.0 and 2.0.
>

> I was thinking - the faqs I put under docs/2.0/os/win32/ are
> also, at the moment, general, in the sense that there's nothing
> mod_perl 2 specific in them. What about moving them over to
> docs/general/os/win32, and then including the discussion of the
> above thread?

+1