Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net> on 2008/01/09 16:34:11 UTC

Re: svn commit: r28813 - in branches/reintegrate: . subversion/tests/cmdline

On Jan 8, 2008 5:36 PM,  <kf...@tigris.org> wrote:
> Author: kfogel
> Date: Tue Jan  8 14:36:38 2008
> New Revision: 28813
>
> Log:
> * subversion/tests/cmdline/merge_tests.py
>   (reintegrate_fail_on_modified_wc, reintegrate_fail_on_mixed_rev_wc,
>    reintegrate_fail_on_switched_wc, reintegrate_fail_on_shallow_wc): New tests.
>   (test_list): Run them.

Should we maybe add comments saying "This test should pass for as long
as we keep these restrictions on the use of reintegrate, but if we
come up with a way to support reintegrate into such wcs, by all means
remove this test"?

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/

Re: svn commit: r28813 - in branches/reintegrate: . subversion/tests/cmdline

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"David Glasser" <gl...@davidglasser.net> writes:
>> Log:
>> * subversion/tests/cmdline/merge_tests.py
>>   (reintegrate_fail_on_modified_wc, reintegrate_fail_on_mixed_rev_wc,
>>    reintegrate_fail_on_switched_wc, reintegrate_fail_on_shallow_wc): New tests.
>>   (test_list): Run them.
>
> Should we maybe add comments saying "This test should pass for as long
> as we keep these restrictions on the use of reintegrate, but if we
> come up with a way to support reintegrate into such wcs, by all means
> remove this test"?

Nah, I think that will be obvious if/when they start failing,
especially given the presence of the error message texts in the tests.
(And at that time, we should change the tests' names and make them
expect success.)