Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Vijay Aravamudhan <av...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/26 20:29:56 UTC

junit task enhancement

hi,
There is an open source project called Parallel Junit
(https://parallel-junit.dev.java.net/). The idea is nice but the
developer has not provided an ant task for using this from an ant build.
Looking at the ant's junit task, it looks like we cannot easily
incorporate this without some changes in ant. Here's my
suggestion/request: could you please provide a new attribute
'suiteClass' where the user can then specify the class to be
instantiated for the implementation of the junit TestSuite? This could
default to the default TestSuite class from junit if not specified.

If there is a different way to accomplish this with the current release
of ant - please reply.

Thanks,
Vijay

Re: junit task enhancement

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Vijay Aravamudhan <av...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's my suggestion/request: could you please provide a new
> attribute suiteClass' where the user can then specify the class to
> be instantiated for the implementation of the junit TestSuite? This
> could default to the default TestSuite class from junit if not
> specified.
>
> If there is a different way to accomplish this with the current
> release of ant - please reply.

Ant will only use TestSuite if it is not running JUnit4 and the test
class doesn't have a static suite() method.  So one way to accomplish
it would be to provide a suite() of your own - and probably stop using
batchtest completely.

Given that we wrap the individual test classes in a JUnit4TestAdapter
the pluggable TestSuite wouldn't help with JUnit4.

IIRC we've had a few bug reports against our reporting infrastructure
by people who ran several tests in parallel that we addressed, but I
wouldn't be surprised if there were still some issues with specific
test listeners.

Stefan