Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by radha rukmani <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/04 23:24:33 UTC

sql joins in ibatis

Hi
I am new to iBATIS. I was able to run the person example in the ibatis website.
For one table, the example says,
  <select id="getPerson" resultClass="com.comp.app.batchProcess.Person">
          SELECT
               PER_ID as id,
               PER_FIRST_NAME as firstName,
               PER_LAST_NAME as lastName,
               PER_BIRTH_DATE as birthDate,
               PER_WEIGHT_KG as weightInKilograms,
               PER_HEIGHT_M as heightInMeters
          FROM PERSON
          WHERE PER_ID=#value#
     </select>
  but if i want details from two tables, say person and dept table. I have two bean classes person.java and dept.java
and if i want to select like,
  select per_id as id, per_first_name as firstname, dept_name as deptname from person,dept where dept_no = 2
  now  resultClass="com.comp.app.batchProcess.Person" and  "com.comp.app.batchProcess.Dept"
  how to get around this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  Thanks

Yahoo! Photos