Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr> on 2016/09/08 15:41:35 UTC

Strange error when I try to copy....

Dear Solr Users,

I use since several years SOLR and since two weeks, I have a problem
when I try to copy my solr index.

My solr index is around 180Go (~100 000 000 docs, 1 doc ~ 3ko)

My method to save my index every Sunday:

- I stop SOLR 5.4 on Ubuntu 14.04LTS - 16Go - i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30Ghz

- I do a simple directory copy /data to my HDD backup (from 2To SATA to
2To SATA directly connected to the Mothercard).

All files are copied fine but one not ! the biggest (~65Go) failed.

I have the message : "Error splicing file: Input/output error"

I tried also on windows (I have a dualboot), I have "redondance error".

I check my HDD, no error, I check the file "_k46.fdt" no error, I can
delete docs, add docs, my database can be reach and works fine.

Is someone have an idea to backup my database ? or why I have this error ?

Many thanks for your help,

Sincerely,

Bruno

---

Re: Strange error when I try to copy....

Posted by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr>.
Le 09/09/2016 � 17:57, Shawn Heisey a �crit :
> On 9/8/2016 9:41 AM, Bruno Mannina wrote:
>> - I stop SOLR 5.4 on Ubuntu 14.04LTS - 16Go - i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30Ghz
>>
>> - I do a simple directory copy /data to my HDD backup (from 2To SATA
>> to 2To SATA directly connected to the Mothercard).
>>
>> All files are copied fine but one not ! the biggest (~65Go) failed.
>>
>> I have the message : "Error splicing file: Input/output error"
> This isn't a Solr issue, which is easy to determine by the fact that
> you've stopped Solr and it's not even running.  It's a problem with the
> filesystem, probably the destination filesystem.
>
> The most common reason that I have found for this error is a destination
> filesystem that is incapable of holding a large file -- which can happen
> when the disk is formatted fat32 instead of ntfs or a Linux filesystem.
> You can have a 2TB filesystem with fat32, but no files larger than 4GB
> -- so your 65GB file won't fit.
>
> I think you're going to need to reformat that external drive with
> another filesystem.  If you choose NTFS, you'll be able to use the disk
> on either Linux or Windows.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

Hi Shawn,

First thanks for your answer, effectively it's a little bit clear.
Tonight I will check the file system of my hdd.

And sorry for this question out of solr subject.

Cdlt,
Bruno

---

Re: Strange error when I try to copy....

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.