Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/13 14:20:01 UTC

[VOTE] MINA 2.0.2 : reminder

Hi guys,

it was probably a bad idea to cut a release candidate on friday evening :)

This is just a reminder that a new vote has been launched last week,
that is supposed to run until tomorrow evening.

I'm extending it so that you have time to review it and vote.

Here is the original mail :

Hi guys,

a few issues has been fixed since we released 2.0.1, and a few of them
are quite annoying. I'd like to get 2.0.2 out with the following fix
applied :

    Bug

    * [DIRMINA-771 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-771>]
      - Calling NioSocketSession.toString() causes java.lang.Error
    * [DIRMINA-790 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-790>]
      - 2.0.0M6 + 2.0.0RC1: Win7 performance issue
    * [DIRMINA-791 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-791>]
      - LineDelimeter.DEFAULT equals LineDelimeter.AUTO
    * [DIRMINA-807 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-807>]
      - Deadlock with NioDatagramAcceptor/Udp (Compilable code inlined
      showing issue)
    * [DIRMINA-808 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-808>]
      - infinity loop in AbstractPollingIoProcessor.Processor.run if
      connection is closed
    * [DIRMINA-810 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-810>]
      - DIRMINA-803 ProtocolCodecFilter.filterWrite() is no longer
      thread-safe not fixed totally
    * [DIRMINA-812 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-812>]
      - ProtocolCodecSession.getService() returns null

1 is a blocker (DIRMINA-790), 2 are critical (DIRMINA-803 and 771), the
other are major or minor.

Here's the Jira link for this version if you'd like to review issues in
more details:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10670&fixfor=12315473

  A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
approved):
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/tags/2.0.2/

  The svn revision is :http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1044463

  The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this
release and all final artifacts are stored in a staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-002/

  The sources distributions are available for download on :
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-002/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.2/

  The distribution packages are also available on
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny

  Let's vote :
  [ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.0.2
  [ ] ±0 | Abstain