Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/05 04:23:22 UTC

writing and reading data

Hi,

I'm sort of new to java, and was hoping someone could suggest starting
points on browsing the code.

I want to get an under-the-covers idea of how things work in Cassandra.

I've watched a view videos about it, and now want a little more detail.

Where do you suggest I begin when browsing the code?

For starters, I want to learn how keys are read and written from disk.

Suggestions? Should I be looking at something else first?

Re: writing and reading data

Posted by David Strauss <da...@fourkitchens.com>.
On 2010-04-05 02:23, S Ahmed wrote:
> For starters, I want to learn how keys are read and written from disk.

See "read" and "write":
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArchitectureOverview

--
David Strauss