Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Skinner, Gregory W." <gs...@mitre.org> on 2007/08/10 16:50:21 UTC

OutOfMemoryError - Large Attachments

Hi All-

I am getting an OutOfMemoryError when I try to send attachments larger than
1M to my Axis2 service. Anything less works just fine. I looked at the posts
from a while ago regarding this issue, but have not been able to succeed in
getting it to work.

I am using ADB for the service and have MTOM enable as well as file caching.
Does anyone have any idea how I can deal with this?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: OutOfMemoryError - Large Attachments

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Greg,
Axis2 mtom sample demonstrates transfering a file to a web service. I
just checked it with the latest axis2-1.3(#take3) [1] and was able to
transfer ~20MB file using the mtom sample. If you send large
attachements using that sample, increase timeout value in client
(serviceStub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(10000000);).

[1]http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.3-take3/

regards
Charitha