Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Espen Fjellvær Olsen <es...@tihlde.org> on 2007/01/28 18:33:01 UTC

Tomcat5.5 not listing directories

Hi,
We are using Tomcat5.5.17 with Apache2 on Debian Sarge, and we cant get
directory listing to work.
the default servlet in web.xml (global) looks like this.
     <servlet>
         <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
         <init-param>
             <param-name>debug</param-name>
             <param-value>0</param-value>
         </init-param>
         <init-param>
             <param-name>listings</param-name>
             <param-value>true</param-value>
         </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
     </servlet>
That is the only part in web.xml which say anything about "listings".

--
Mvh
Espen Fjellvær Olsen

Re: Tomcat5.5 not listing directories

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.
you'll have to define a directory-entry in your httpd.conf / vhost.
also, you'll have to mount the default servlet in your mod_jk (figure
your using this one?)

also, take a look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html,
here look for +Indexes

if all this doesn't help, the apache-userlist is the place to ask:
users@httpd.apache.org

cheers

greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

Re: Tomcat5.5 not listing directories

Posted by Espen Fjellvær Olsen <es...@tihlde.org>.
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Espen Fjellvær Olsen wrote:
>>         <init-param>
>>             <param-name>listings</param-name>
>>             <param-value>true</param-value>
>>         </init-param>
>
> Making this change is the only thing I need to change to get directory
> listings to work. Did you restart Tomcat after making the change? Have
> you tried going direct to Tomcat rather than via httpd?
Ah, it seems to be an apache problem then, accessing directories
directly through Tomcat works like a charm.
We are using apache2.0.54 from sarge, hope any of you could cast a light
on this =)

--
Mvh
Espen Fjellvær Olsen

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Espen Fjellvær Olsen wrote:
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>listings</param-name>
>             <param-value>true</param-value>
>         </init-param>

Making this change is the only thing I need to change to get directory
listings to work. Did you restart Tomcat after making the change? Have
you tried going direct to Tomcat rather than via httpd?

HTH,

Mark