Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de> on 2000/07/24 12:01:21 UTC

Re: dependency

 ND> I can implement this myself, just want to know whether somebody
 ND> did something like this already with the stadard task set comming
 ND> with ANT.

This kind of functionality occurs over and over again inside the
standard tasks - just look for scanDir methods. I've been meaning to
move this to a helper class and - apart from modifying the existing
tasks - add a <transform> task that would be an <exec> like task that
used this helper to work on a set of files.

Unfortunately I've been a little bit swamped with other things but
hope to get to this issue rather soon.

Starting out with pattern matching on a from=".java" to=".class"
would be fine but I'd like to see this open enough for custom tasks to
create more complex rules to find target files from sources (take
Rmic's logic for example).

What do you think?

Stefan