Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/23 17:13:03 UTC

[SITE] Wrong license URL on top-level site

The current active top-level commons site has the wrong URL for the
license link - it points to
  http://commons.apache.org/license.html
instead of
  http://www.apache.org/licenses/

Not sure how that happened, as the site was generated after the link
was changed in site.xml, and the link is generated OK for me now
locally.

I've updated commons-site to suppress the version display as we don't
maintain one, and to use the latest Commons Skin.

I've not deployed site before - is it just a question of running the following?

mvn site:deploy

Or is it just as good to run

mvn site:stage

and then copy the generated site to people.a.o?
(That way it's possible to check the site before deployment).

Re: [SITE] Wrong license URL on top-level site

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 July 2011 16:29, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/23/11 8:13 AM, sebb wrote:
>> The current active top-level commons site has the wrong URL for the
>> license link - it points to
>>   http://commons.apache.org/license.html
>> instead of
>>   http://www.apache.org/licenses/
>>
>> Not sure how that happened, as the site was generated after the link
>> was changed in site.xml, and the link is generated OK for me now
>> locally.
>>
>> I've updated commons-site to suppress the version display as we don't
>> maintain one, and to use the latest Commons Skin.
>>
>> I've not deployed site before - is it just a question of running the following?
>>
>> mvn site:deploy
>>
>> Or is it just as good to run
>>
>> mvn site:stage
>>
>> and then copy the generated site to people.a.o?
>> (That way it's possible to check the site before deployment).
>
> I usually just check locally and then deploy directly to p.a.o.

Thanks. I did this, and it updated the site OK.

However, even though I have the password in settings.xml (encrypted
with master password), it still prompted me for the password (and
echoed the password).

Did you have the same issue?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.