Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@apache.org> on 2002/04/27 07:30:03 UTC

libtool fails version check in expat

Making all in expat
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DPACKAGE='"expat"'
-DVERSION='"expat_1.95.2"' -I/Users/fielding/ws/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr-util/
xml/expat/lib -I.. -I/Users/fielding/ws/httpd-2.0/srclib/apr-
util/xml/expat/lib  -g -O2 -c xmlparse.c
libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.5'
Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.
make[5]: *** [xmlparse.lo] Error 1

This is Darwing while using Pier's auto*/libtool stuff.

....Roy

Re: libtool fails version check in expat

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@apache.org>.
> ltmain.sh is not in the repository for expat - this comes from
> (g)libtoolize when running apr-util/xml/expat/buildconf.sh.
>
> I bet you ran buildconf with 1.3.5, tried to build APR, it failed,
> you installed Pier's stuff to get 1.4+, reran buildconf and then
> ran into this.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I was very careful not to do that.  Oh, crap,
what I did was build within the same tree that I used to build on
under Linux (rsync'd over to my new G4).  Thanks for the tip.

> The following line in apr's buildconf looks like its corrollary
> is needed for expat:
>
> # Remove any libtool files so one can switch between libtool 1.3
> # and libtool 1.4 by simply rerunning the buildconf script.
> (cd build ; rm -f ltconfig ltmain.sh libtool.m4)
>
> How close am I?  -- justin

Yep, can you add that to expat's buildconf?  I'm going to sleep.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.