Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ramesh Devaraj <r....@maas.de> on 2006/07/26 17:55:47 UTC

Lock

Hi

 1.  If lock the node but forget to unlock the node at later stage what are the impacts.

 2.  I am using MySQL for the Persistent. Is there new data insert in DB during the lock?

Devaraj Ramesh

Maas High Tech Software GmbH
Hornbergstr. 49
70794 Filderstadt
Germany

http://www.maas.de <http://www.maas.de>  - Wir integrieren Zukunft

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Lock

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 7/26/06, Ramesh Devaraj <r....@maas.de> wrote:
> 1. If lock the node but forget to unlock the node at later stage what are the impacts.

If the lock is session-scoped, then it will automatically expire when
the session is closed. Otherwise you need to explicitly remove the
lock using the lock token.

> 2. I am using MySQL for the Persistent. Is there new data insert in DB during the lock?

If you lock the root node, then only changes originating from the
session that holds the lock will be persisted in that workspace.

BR,

Jukka Zitting