Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Vanderdray, Jacob" <JV...@aarp.org> on 2006/02/20 22:39:09 UTC

Search Particulars

	I've written some extensions that allow you to define meta tags
that you would like included in nutch indexing and searching.  The meta
tag names are defined in nutch-site.xml.  In general this seems to be
working, but I'm seeing some problems with searching.

	I've added the keywords meta tag as something I want to pay
attention to.  If I do a search on a term that appears both in the
content of the page and in the keywords meta tag, I find the page in the
list of results.  Choosing "explain" shows that the term was found in
the keywords field and that influenced the ranking.  That's how I want
it to work so far.

	The problem is when I search for a term that appears in the
keywords field, but not in any other field.  Then the page doesn't get
returned.  Is there a setting that requires certain fields to contain
matches?  If so where is that setting?

Thanks,
Jake.

Re: Search Particulars

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
>         The problem is when I search for a term that appears in the
> keywords field, but not in any other field.  Then the page doesn't get
> returned.  Is there a setting that requires certain fields to contain
> matches?  If so where is that setting?

The solution is perhaps there:
http://www.nabble.com/developing-a-parse--index--query--plugin-set-t413270.html#a1134289

Regards