Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2013/06/27 22:01:39 UTC

Rails TurboLinks

>From its README file:
Compatibility

Turbolinks is designed to work with any browser that fully supports
pushState and all the related APIs. This includes Safari 6.0+ (but not
Safari 5.1.x!), IE10, and latest Chromes and Firefoxes.

Do note that existing JavaScript libraries may not all be compatible with
Turbolinks out of the box due to the change in instantiation cycle. You
might very well have to modify them to work with Turbolinks' new set of
events.

Is this really broadly used ?!

Can't you simulate it with a (Transparent)WebMarkupContainer that wraps all
the content in your page ?

Wicket filters the loaded CSS/JS resources anyway.

The only thing that's left is Browser Back button support.

Re: Rails TurboLinks

Posted by Cedric Gatay <ga...@gmail.com>.
It seems to be integrated with JQuery quite easily (firing the ready()
event on page replacements). Anyway it looks like a "smart"
AjaxRequestTarget replacing the whole page (as you said through a WMC) and
dealing with url changes using HTML5 history API. I don't know if this is a
feature used in many applications though.

__