Posted to general@xml.apache.org by SB...@STSSystems.com on 2001/02/14 13:11:04 UTC

Equivalent of XMLHTTPRequest?

Hi,

I'll have to start by stating that I'm a complete newbie here, so please
forgive my ignorance.

Basically, my company has asked me to convert some web pages that use
Microsoft's ASP technology to work under JSP.  Here is the code I need to
convert:

	Dim xmlHTTP
	Set xmlHTTP = server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
	xmlHTTP.Open "POST" "HTTP://some_server/cCustomer.asp", false
	xmlText = "<Request><first_name>" & first_name &
"</first_name><last_name>" & last_name & "</last_name></Request>"
	xmlHTTP.Send xmlText

	resp = xmlHTTP.responseText
	Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
	objXML.async = false
	objXML.loadXML(resp)

etc etc.

cCustomer.asp is a "robot" ASP page will lives on an NT-based IIS webserver
(this will stay) whose job is to send a response in XML format to the POST
from the JSP page.  I just do not know where to start!  We have the Apache
webserver running under IBM AIX, which is where the JSP pages will run.  I
would be most grateful if someone could help me out by:

*	stating what add-on software I'm going to need to install with the
Apache webserver (Tomcat? Xerces?)
*	helping me out with converting the code fragment above
*	giving me any other pointers/starting points to help me

Thanks in advance,

Stuart N. Bonham - stssystems (europe)
Product Integration Manager
Email: sbonham@stssystems.com

DDI	: +44 (0) 121 717 6816
Fax	: +44 (0) 121 717 6801
Web:	: http://www.nsb.co.uk

=======DISCLAIMER=======
This email transmission and any attachments may contain confidential
information which is legally privileged.  You are also notified that the
contents of this email and any which you may send in reply, may be viewed by
authorised personnel on behalf of NSB Retail Systems Plc or its subsidiaries
(the Company) in accordance with the Company's Information Access Policy.
The content of this email is always subject to contract.  The information is
intended only for the individual or entities to whom it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient please contact me immediately and you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, storage on any
medium or use of the information contained in this transmission is strictly
prohibited.