Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dirk Reinshagen_C <DR...@zaplet.com> on 2001/03/09 23:12:44 UTC

RE: problems with xpath and schema validation

I was just curious if anyone could confirm
this issue with the namespace being
set to "" when validation is turned on.
Here's the test case:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<customer xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance'
    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='customer.xsd'

<firstname>john</firstname>
</customer>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<schema>
   <element name="customer">
      <complexType>
         <sequence>
             <element name="firstname" type="string" maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="1"/>
             <element name="lastname" type="string" maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="0"/>
         </sequence>

      </complexType>
   </element>
</schema>

I've tried with Xerces 1.2.3 and Xerces 1.3.0 both with the same result.