Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Cosmin Dumitrache <co...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/15 02:37:49 UTC

Hadoop Skeletons - a simpler way to write Hadoop applications

Hello all,

I was hoping to get some feedback on a new API that I have been
working on for Hadoop as part of my MSc dissertation project. Then I
thought who better to ask than the Hadoop users themselves.

I assume that most of you are probably busy with work so I promise
this shouldn't take longer than a few minutes of your time. All you
have to do is look at the form provided below and answer two multiple
choice questions at the end.

You can find the form here: http://bit.ly/ruNTIh

The idea behind the new API (Hadoop Skeletons) draws its inspiration
from Algorithmic Skeleton Frameworks (ASkFs) and tries to bring this
paradigm over to Hadoop. If you would like to know more about the idea
behind ASkFs in general you could look over here:
http://bit.ly/oRLE1m.

I look forward to receiving your opinions and comments.

Thanks,

Cosmin