Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Mario-Leander Reimer <le...@vva-networks.de> on 2008/10/16 09:24:18 UTC

ClassFormatError in taskQueueExecutor

Hi Archiva users,

I am running Archiva 1.1.2 deployed as webapp under JBoss 4.2.3.GA (Windows 2003 Server, JDK1.5.0, mySQL DB 5.0.67)

Every hour I see an error in the server logs connected to Archiva. (see the error log below). Does anyone know the reason for this error? Can I ignore it or is there a know solution to this already?

Thanks for your help!
Regards,
Leander

-------------------------------------

2008-10-16 07:00:00,328 ERROR [taskQueueExecutor#database-update] Error executing task
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid byte tag in constant pool: 60
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.getResult(FutureTask.java:299)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:118)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.waitForTask(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:159)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:127)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid byte tag in constant pool: 60
        at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.classfile.Constant.readConstant(Constant.java:145)
        at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.classfile.ConstantPool.<init>(ConstantPool.java:99)
        at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.classfile.ClassParser.readConstantPool(ClassParser.java:255)
        at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.classfile.ClassParser.parse(ClassParser.java:163)
        at org.apache.maven.archiva.consumers.lucene.IndexJavaPublicMethodsConsumer.getPublicClassesAndMethodsFromFiles(IndexJavaPublicMethodsConsumer.java:240)
        at org.apache.maven.archiva.consumers.lucene.IndexJavaPublicMethodsConsumer.processArchivaArtifact(IndexJavaPublicMethodsConsumer.java:137)
        at org.apache.maven.archiva.database.updater.ProcessArchivaArtifactClosure.execute(ProcessArchivaArtifactClosure.java:50)
        at org.apache.commons.collections.CollectionUtils.forAllDo(CollectionUtils.java:388)
        at org.apache.maven.archiva.database.updater.JdoDatabaseUpdater.updateUnprocessed(JdoDatabaseUpdater.java:154)
        at org.apache.maven.archiva.database.updater.JdoDatabaseUpdater.updateAllUnprocessed(JdoDatabaseUpdater.java:88)
        at org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled.executors.ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor.executeTask(ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor.java:70)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:176)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

VVA Networks GmbH

Mario-Leander Reimer
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)
Teamleitung Publishing Solutions
VVA Networks GmbH
: medien mit zukunft
Geisenhausenerstra?e 15-17
81379 M?nchen
Deutschland
Fon:    +49 89 2000375-610
Fax:    +49 89 2000375-699
Mobil:  +49 173 5883541
leander.reimer@vva-networks.de
www.vva-networks.de

HRB 33884 D?sseldorf
Gesch?ftsf?hrer Rolf Christian Kassel
Ein Unternehmen der VVA Kommunikation
http://www.vva.de
omnisuite(r) - integrate. automate. communicate.
http://www.omnisuite.de

Diese Nachricht (inklusive aller Anh?nge) ist vertraulich. Sie darf
ausschlie?lich durch den vorgesehenen Empf?nger und Adressaten gelesen,
kopiert oder genutzt werden. Sollten Sie diese Nachricht versehentlich
erhalten haben, bitten wir, den Absender (durch Antwort-E-Mail) hiervon
unverz?glich zu informieren und die Nachricht zu l?schen. Jede unerlaubte
Nutzung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser Nachricht, sei es vollst?ndig
oder teilweise, ist unzul?ssig.

privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient.
If you have received it in error please contact the sender (by return
E-Mail) immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorised use or
dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.

AW: AW: ClassFormatError in taskQueueExecutor

Posted by Mario-Leander Reimer <le...@vva-networks.de>.
Hi Brett,

I have filed a Jira issue (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-974) as requested for the described problem and I have attached excerpts from the server error logs from yesterday until this morning.

Funny things is, the error always occurs when Archiva is processing files from the Apache Commons project.

Regards,
Leander

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mario-Leander Reimer <le...@vva-networks.de>.
Hi Brett,

thanks for the quick response. I will file the issue later today.

To find out which file is corrupt, is there a specific Log4j category I can set to debug level? Perhaps

com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.classfile.ClassParser
or
org.apache.maven.archiva.consumers.lucene.IndexJavaPublicMethodsConsumer
??

BR,
Leander

Nutzung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser Nachricht, sei es vollständig

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.