Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ManjuBN <bn...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/05 08:43:35 UTC

Using TELNET in Jmeter

I am trying to connect to remote server using Putty or TELNET  ex(Telnet
10.1.27.53  11203(portno),I want to check the response time for the same
scenario using 100 such request, the problem I am facing is I don’t have a
sampler which I can use to send TELNET protocol, from my research I found
out that we have a common-net api which consists of TELNET class files which
can be used ,but I don’t know how to use it ,please suggest me in this
regard

Re: Using TELNET in Jmeter

Posted by aprakash <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepak

Thanksa lot for the provided info, We have tried copying common -net .jar in
lib(as suggested by you ) but still it is not serving our purpose.

I would appreciate if you could pls share ur number so that we can talk over
the phone and close the thread.

Re: Using TELNET in Jmeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Lots of examples on Google .
see for e.g.
http://www.informit.com/guides/content.aspx?g=java&seqNum=40

You then need to copy all the libraries including your custom classes if any
to jmeter's lib. You can then invoke your custom code or directly call the
classes using BeanShell.

regards
deepak

Re: Using TELNET in Jmeter