Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/05/01 10:02:20 UTC

Shared pax-exam base module

Hi,

I've noticed that pax-exam tests failed on builds.apache.org and
passed locally. I've fixed the installer ITs ( SLING-2847 ) and
hopefully fixed the event ITs ( SLING-2848 ) with the same approach -
support the maven.repo.local property, which pax-exam does not take
into account.

We'll definitely run into this problem again if we add more pax-exam
tests, and since pax-exam tests are also a bit harder to set up than
regular JUnit tests I'm thinking of creating a little base module in
testing/pax which takes care of these problems.

WDYT?

Robert

Re: Shared pax-exam base module

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Sounds like a great plan.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...since pax-exam tests are also a bit harder to set up than
> regular JUnit tests I'm thinking of creating a little base module in
> testing/pax which takes care of these problems...

Sounds great - if you can avoid requiring tests to inherit from base
classes, using annotations or utility classes instead, that would be
preferable IMO.

-Bertrand

Re: Shared pax-exam base module

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Good idea.
Anything to make writing pax exams seamless and as easy as standard JUnit
tests would be great. It might even make it easier to write tests that with
Mockito.... which can be endless when dealing with complex OSGi service
dependencies.

Ian