Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/26 03:37:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] remove automatic ticket assignment

Automatic ticket assignment makes too many assumptions.  We should leave
new tickets unassigned to indicate that they are free for anyone bold
enough to implement them.

-Eric

Re: [DISCUSS] remove automatic ticket assignment

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ditto

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
We're pretty on top of things, but I think we should develop some sort of
notation, either comment or tag, to indicate it has been reviewed by a
committer. This way we can be sure a ticket by random_stranger gets some
attention, even if it's just an ack to it being a legit issue.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
After the automatic assignee looks at them, they can always mark them
as unassigned. Though, this seems to work better when there is a more
clearly defined hierarchy of authority for different components.

The point of automatic assignment seems to me to ensure they don't go
overlooked. I agree with John that this could be satisfied with some
sort of notation to distinguish that a ticket has been reviewed. Some
systems have workflows that allow tickets to go from a "New" state to
an "Accepted" one. Can we do that with JIRA?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.