Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Lintz <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/15 01:50:52 UTC

Why is the session ID reused even when session is expired? Can I force a new JSESSIONID?

Hi all,
I have noticed that even when my session expires, Wicket decides to reuse
the same JSESSSIONID found in the cookie and creates a new session with that
id.

Is there a well to tell Wicket not to reuse the JSESSIONID from the cookie
when that session is actually expired?

If you are wondering why I care, I have been testing mod_jk sticky
connection load balancing. I noticed when i shutdown a JBoss worker the user
is forced to login again because the session is not valid on the other
worker (which is what I want), however the same JSESSIONID is used on that
worker (with a prefixed jvmRoute of the other node).  I dont want this.  I
want to force a new JSESSIONID on the worker the user is pushed to.

thanks

chris

Re: Why is the session ID reused even when session is expired? Can I force a new JSESSIONID?

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
That's not a wicket problem. It's your container problem. Wicket can't
force container to use certain session ID.

-Matej