Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/07 12:47:16 UTC

Problem updating application.xml

I have a 3rd party .ear file that I am updating. The
original .ear has an "application.xml" file. I have
tried everything, but cannot get Ant to overwrite that
application.xml with a new one I made myself.

I have tried the ear, jar and zip taks, update=true,
metainf settings, zipfileset, everything... but no
luck.

If I manually delete the original application.xml in
the original .ear with, eg, winzip, then ant puts the
new application.xml where it should goes, but it seems
that if ant finds an existing application.xml, you can
forget about.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.