Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Augustin Luton <al...@hybrigenics.com> on 2005/03/09 19:31:25 UTC

print friendly pages

Hi lenya experts,

First of all, many thanks for those who are building lenya.

I was wondering if there is a recommended way to create printer friendly
pages. I mean pages without the 'tabs' , 'search' and 'menu' ? I have a very
basic site (see below) and look for a generic solution to be able to
generate print friendly pages from all pages.

My idea is to add the extension ".print.html" when I want a printable
version. I don't know if it is a feature, or if I made a misconfiguration
somewhere but lenya seems to handle the following url almost in the same
way:

http://www.hybrigenics.com/science.html
http://www.hybrigenics.com/science.print.html
http://www.hybrigenics.com/science.anythingyoureallywant.html

So, with a test like <xsl:if test="not (contains($url,'.print.html'))">... i
could removed the useless parts in page2xhtml.xsl . This works but breaks
the 'breadcrumb' functionality which I would like to keep for rendering the
printable pages. It also breaks features in the 'menu', and 'tabs' but this
is not an issue because I would like to remove them.

I am all ears for suggestions.

--
Augustin Luton

Ps: I am pleased to announce a new lenya site: http://www.hybrigenics.com/
Nothing fancy, only the basic features.

Re: print friendly pages

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Augustin Luton wrote:

Ps: I am pleased to announce a new lenya site: http://www.hybrigenics.com/
Nothing fancy, only the basic features.
<<

added to live sites. will appear with the next site update.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: print friendly pages

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Augustin Luton wrote:
> Hi lenya experts,
>
> First of all, many thanks for those who are building lenya.
>
> I was wondering if there is a recommended way to create printer friendly
> pages. I mean pages without the 'tabs' , 'search' and 'menu' ? I have a very
> basic site (see below) and look for a generic solution to be able to
> generate print friendly pages from all pages.

by far the easiest is to create a print css. just add it with
media="print" and set the navigation divs to display:none.

example at http://gurit.ch

print css is at http://gurit.ch/css/print.css