Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by osamuo <in...@yahoo.co.jp> on 2008/03/24 17:27:40 UTC

How is T5 tutorial?

How long do we have to wait for the completion of T5 tutorial: Chapter 5:
Forms in Tapestry?

Thanks.

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.
Dude, if your backward compatibility is such an issue stop trolling
and maybe learn to program Java, get productive, fork Tap 3, fork Tap
4, get famous and be happy to keep Tapestry going the way YOU want it.
Your trolling only shows you have NO CLUE what open source is. Stop
wasting everybody's time. SHUT UP ALREADY, and leave Tap 5 & this
mailing list alone !!!

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
Rob smeets (and maybe few more aliases) is definitely a TROLL,
those interested in details read the rest of the mail...

Yes,
there we go again,

again you waste our time, spreading fud,
and the article you mention is far from unbiased, and most likely
even posted by you (using another alias).

Source code is great for learning about any framework,
I keep source of every library I use so I can look what is
going on when some code breaks unexpectedly. So if someone
suggests you to look at the source code it is no reason to bash that
person.

You are definitely a TROLL because yor only advice was to switch
to another framework, if you were a real user you would give a better
advice instead.

Everyone here will answer the best they can, I use some subset of features,
and help people that have trouble with that stuff.

As you always recommend Wicket one would think that you are a wicket
user marketing a competing framework, But you don't even use wicket
because there is no record of you ever asking a question on their mailing lists.

So if you are not a wicket user, and you haven't had any contact with
wicket mailing
list how can you compare wicket and tapestry ?

If you are a wicket user, identify your self and send few links to
wicket mailing
list threads involving you. I bet wicket devs would have few words to say to you
about your fud which does no good to wicket or tapestry.

Davor Hrg

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Koka Kiknadze <22...@gmail.com>.

> Just a suggestion: maybe you guys can find it in your hearts to ignore
> trolls from now on.

+1

> I also think it will be a mature decision.

+1 what's happening here and on that TSS thread sounds (or maybe is) a bit
childish

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com>.
Guys,

This exchange turns to be disturbing. If you find someone a troll
there is always an option to ignore him/her. IMHO, the message below
is much more damaging than the trolling.

Just a suggestion: maybe you guys can find it in your hearts to ignore
trolls from now on. I also think it will be a mature decision.

Alex.

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.

RE: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
So, Rob Smeets....

Searching the archives, you have never requested nor offered technical
assistance on the Tapestry mailing list.

You have reported no success story that would show you have a real stake in
Tapestry.

Your writing style is strikingly similar to that of Trolls of days gone by.

Your original posting in this thread was,

" Hi,

Go grab Wicket of GWT. It's better documented and questions like what you
asked won't refer you to source code but to a well documented examples.
Above all the users of those lists are far, far more friendly.

Rob"

So, in response to an inquiry about when a T5 tutorial would be ready on
something that was voted as BETA after this thread started, you recommended
moving to other frameworks.

You did so without inquiring about the kids of problems being solved by the
original poster.  If I asked for help in using a table saw, I would be
confused as to why you tell me to use a jig saw or a band saw.  Should I be
any less confused by your recommendations?

So, prove everyone wrong.

even how to integrate T5 and Wicket applications.

Do something, anything useful for the members of this group and the Tapestry
community.

Or at least start by acknowledging that your original response was
completely irrelevant to the question asked.

Jonathan

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
Your every post is an insult,
you propose moving to another framework without any grounds to do so,
you are neither a Tapesrty, GWT, or Wicket user.

I've asked you plenty of questions and haven't mentioned the word troll
in the last message, and you havent answered that part at all,
you just kept on complining about being called a troll and keep
avoiding any relevant topic.

Davor Hrg

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Rob Smeets <rb...@gmail.com>.

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Rob Smeets <rb...@gmail.com>.

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Angelo Turetta <at...@bestunion.it>.

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Rob Smeets <rb...@gmail.com>.

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
TROLL

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Rob Smeets <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: How is T5 tutorial?

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Three weeks maybe.  Shorter if someone helps with it.  Longer if nobody
does.

Your best resource on any form related questions are the tests in Tapestry
and this mailing list.

--
Kevin