Posted to users@maven.apache.org by solo turn <so...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/22 01:25:28 UTC

include "java -jar geronimo-1.0-M3-installer.jar"

hi,

how can one include a "non-traditional" jar file like an installer.jar
(as it is geronimo-1.0-M3-installer.jar) into a maven project? i.e.
you have to unpack it and at a later stage add other things somewhere
in the extracted content (e.g. deploy a webapp).

-solo.

Re: include "java -jar geronimo-1.0-M3-installer.jar"

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
I'm not exactly sure what is in the geronimo installer.jar

I recommend using geronimo-1.0-M3-assembly.jar and using it with  the
geronimo-deploy-plugin and itest plugin.  See the openejb itests for an
example.

You can also just unpack geronimo and use the deployer.jar to deploy
stuff without starting geronimo, as is done in geronimo  and openejb
assembly.

When I was working with getting jetspeed running  in geronimo I did
this and it considerably simplified everything.

http://cvs.openejb.org/openejb/modules/itests/maven.xml?
rev=1.21&view=markup

(also see project.xml)

thanks