Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu> on 2010/04/13 22:55:28 UTC

Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Hi all,

I am testing legacy WS modules that were running well on Axis 1.4.
In essense with minimal changes I have been able to deploy these services
on Axis2 1.5 in Tomcat. I can retrieve their WSDL docs the same way I did
with Axis 1.4. However, I am noticing that simple clients that generated
SOAP
messages to access the services do not work unmodified with the services
deployed
in Axis2 - this is normal I assume? Or should Axis2 be able to handle
this correctly?

I also noticed that the WSDL of the POJO services in Axis 1.4 has the
following
namespace in the PortType - something that is non-existant in the WSDL when
the service is deployed in Axis2:

<wsdl:operation name="getBooks">
<wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
-
<wsdl:input name="getBooksRequest">
<wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="http://myBooks2" use="encoded"/>
</wsdl:input>

Not usre if this is relevant but I have a feeling it is- if the result
that simple clients cannot
be used for both Axis 1.4 and Axis2 on the same POJO service then that
answer my
questions - but can someone with more knowledge of this verify it?

Thanks

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Got it - thanks.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
I solved it - just in case another poor soul makes the same mistake I did -

the env.setNamespace(ns) below is not necessary and it causes the issue.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
You are right it is present in the classpath - so I can remove it and
instead include the commons-logging
jars in the classpath?

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
I found this - sorry for the posting - it is in the apache-tomcat/bin
directory. Which means I will
need to set the absolute path to the service dir each time.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
I read somewhere that Axis2 does not handle Java collections properly
and thus the issue
below. Is that still true?
The method of the service to be accessed is:       public Vector
<String>getBooks()
which means the Vector is causing the issue? Do I need to change it to
an array to get
it to work? And I cannot use Vectors at all?

Thanks

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
If not one has seen the problem I have below, can at least get some
pointers as to where
I can find client samples for remote POJO Axis2 services running in
Tomcat? The documentation
does not include such code (unless the client listed that uses the same
technique of sending and
receiving OMElements can also be used in this case).

With Axis 1.4 we got used to generating stubs and importing them in our
services - calls to them
were what was needed to access the remote service. How much of the
stubs/proxy model is used
in Axis2?

Thanks again

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Axis2 and POJO from Axis1

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi all,

[...]

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)