Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sarmahdi <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/15 16:22:16 UTC

scm connection vs developer connection

Hello All,

I read up on  :  http://maven.apache.org/scm/maven-scm-plugin/usage.html scm
and I am going to add it in my POM. what i do not understand is

     <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.6</version>
        <configuration>
          <connectionType>connection</connectionType>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

what is this version for : the plugin, the jdk or the JEE version.

Also the main question: the connectiontype: connection and
developerconnection have the same kind of URL then what is the difference.
See I will have profiles in my POM so TEST, PROD, DEV will have their own
profiles and in each of those profiles I will have the plugin added. and
when I run mvn i run like

mvn scm:update -PDEV clean install

so it cleans, updates from the project from the Dev stream in clear case and
then (compile. war deploy install etc)

Lets say i use the developerconnection for DEV profile with dev stream in
url and connection for PROD profile with prod stream in url , how will i
have the third type of connection. all three env have their own clear case
streams.

so I have three URLS. How do I use SCM plugin.

Maybe, i am not understanding the need of developer connection. Is there a
benefit of any one or I am right in assuming that these are just two
different URLs.

Thanks
Syed...

Re: scm connection vs developer connection

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>     <plugin>
>        <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>        <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
>        <version>1.6</version>
>
> what is this version for : the plugin, the jdk or the JEE version.

This is the plugin version.

Wayne

Re: scm connection vs developer connection

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Thanks Wayne for the reply. Can any one also tell me the difference between
> connection and developerconnection and is there a way to define three or
> four connection urls for 4 different streams.

This is covered in the Maven documentation:
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#SCM

Wayne

Re: scm connection vs developer connection