Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2006/12/04 09:53:49 UTC

[C++] Renaming some of our build scripts?

I would like to propose the following improvements to our build scripts:

Linux:
Rename sca/makedist.sh and sdo/makedist.sh to builddist.sh to indicate
that they are "build" scripts and avoid confusion with the
makebindist.sh scripts which are used internally by the Makefiles

Windows:
Move build_tuscany_sca.bat to sca/builddist.bat and
build_tuscany_sdo.bat to sdo/builddist.bat to be more consistent with
Linux (we're already using the same names for the other build.sh and
build.bat scripts).

Thoughts?

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [C++] Renaming some of our build scripts?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> Andrew Borley wrote:

>>> scripts:

>>> indicate
>>>

>>> +1
>>>

>>> Windows:

>>> +1 ... I've been meaning to do that for some time!
>>>

>> +1 from me too.

> Done. I also renamed the top level build.txt to BUILDING and added a
> build.bat to mirror build.sh, allowing you to build both SDO and SCA
> in one go.
>
> We'll need to update BUILDING, it's a little outdated and references
> Axis2c 0.92 etc.

I've just updated the Axis2C version number and the names of the build
scripts in BUILDING. We'll still still need to add instructions to some
of the extensions that have additional dependencies like the Ruby, PHP
and Python interpreters, Apache Httpd etc.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.