Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Vachon <je...@wantedanalytics.com> on 2014/01/09 21:57:25 UTC

Is it possible to implement a unordered batch spout?

Hi,

Our current topology is using a transactional trident spout which guarantees batch ordering... we realized that we don`t need this ordering.
Is it possible to disable any ordering so that each batch can be completed at any time regardless of the previous one?

I tried to use an IBatchSpout but the ordering seem to be applied as well.

Is there any bacthed enable spout out there that won`t force the ordering?

Thanks