Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Tom McQueeney <to...@mcqueeney.com> on 2005/10/05 23:15:40 UTC

castor-0.9.5.3.jar0000644 causes NoClassDefFoundError

In the geronimo-1.0-M5.tar.gz distro, it looks like the Castor jar files
got named badly in the console webapp, causing a NoClassDefFoundError.

This problem doesn't seem to exist in the ZIP version of the M5 binary.

I found the problem by first unzipping the .gz version of M5, setting
Geronimo up to run only Tomcat, then launching the server and opening
the /console webapp. I got a class not found for
org/exolab/castor/xml/ValidationException.

In the gzipped binary, it looks like the castor JARS in the
config-store/28/geronimo-console-framework-1.0-M5.war/WEB-INF/lib got
stored as in the subject line. The castor jar in the
config-store/29/geronimo-console-framework... has the same name problem,
as do the castor license files.

The castor lib files in the .zip version of M5 don't have the extra
0000644 in their extensions and the console webapp launches fine.

Anyone else see this, or did I get a bad copy from a mirror?

-Tom