Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@Yngvi.Org> on 2004/12/03 01:41:12 UTC

Derby and Red Hat Application Server: JOnAS Integration

Hi all,

I and Rajesh Kartha (kartha@Source-Zone.org ) were successfully able to
integrate Derby with Red Hat Application Server: JOnAS. The details are
as following:

Red Hat Application Server v1.0  and Derby 10.0.2.1

System Requirements: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 (RHEL3).

To test Red Hat Application Server with Derby,  one of EJB example from
Red Hat Application Server was used. The following steps were executed:
 - Derby database was configured.
 - A table was created with 3 columns with simple data type and the
table was populated.
 - JOnAS property file (jonas.proeprties) was changed to use Derby as
the data source.
 - The EJB inside the Red Hat Application Server was deployed.
 - A client was used to access the EJB and retrieve results from table
created above.

I am in process of  writing a document with instructions on how to use
Derby with Red Hat Application Server that I will make available when it
is finished.

Thanks,
Raman

Re: Derby and Red Hat Application Server: JOnAS Integration - Document - Minor Correction

Posted by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@Yngvi.Org>.
Hi All,

I have made a correction to the document.
Attached is the new copy of document.

Thanks,
Raman
(ramank@yngvi.org)

Derby and Red Hat Application Server: JOnAS Integration - Document

Posted by Ramandeep Kaur <ra...@Yngvi.Org>.
Hi All,

As stated in my original posting
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&msgNo=1150,
Apache Derby and Red Hat Application Server: JOnas integration was
sucessfully tested.

I am attaching the document with instructions on how to use Derby with
Red Hat Application Server in this posting.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns.

Thanks,
Raman
(ramank@yngvi.org)