Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Collins <ch...@me.com> on 2011/12/07 20:48:41 UTC

Artifacts in T5.3 tree component

I was playing with the tree component and had a background color set in my css as a gradient.

When I draw the tree I am seeing an interesting artifact.  The last node within each sub branch has a white background.  I guess its related to the css associated with class t-last defined for that element.  Should I file a bug or is it something I am doing wrong?

Defining in my layout.css didn't help:

DIV.t-tree-container LI.t-last
{
    background-color: transparent;
}

Actually trying different colors defined in my layout.css didn't work at all.  Playing with the inspector in firefox disabling parts of the css made me realize that perhaps the white is there to cover up part of the vertical bar of the three layout.  Seems that currently this tree only works well with a white background.

Re: Artifacts in T5.3 tree component

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Chris Collins <ch...@me.com> wrote:
> Got no response so I filed TAP5-1782.  Also there doesn't seem to be a version 5.3 available in jira.

That's odd; I just added a bug and typing "5.3" in the "Affects
Versions" field worked fine.

Generally, report a bug as affecting a released version (such as
"5.3") and expect to see it reported as fixed in an unreleased version
("5.4" and "5.3.1").

> On Dec 7, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Chris Collins wrote:
>
>> I was playing with the tree component and had a background color set in my css as a gradient.
>>
>> When I draw the tree I am seeing an interesting artifact.  The last node within each sub branch has a white background.  I guess its related to the css associated with class t-last defined for that element.  Should I file a bug or is it something I am doing wrong?
>>
>> Defining in my layout.css didn't help:
>>
>> DIV.t-tree-container LI.t-last
>> {
>>    background-color: transparent;
>> }
>>
>> Actually trying different colors defined in my layout.css didn't work at all.  Playing with the inspector in firefox disabling parts of the css made me realize that perhaps the white is there to cover up part of the vertical bar of the three layout.  Seems that currently this tree only works well with a white background.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com