Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Eirik Bjørsnøs <ei...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/14 13:50:04 UTC

Contributing test cases for schema validation

Hi,

We run our services with inbound and outbound schema validation
enabled. This has turned out very useful in a lot of cases. However,
we've also found bugs in CXF making us think this might not be very
common or at least not very heavily tested in CXF.

Two years ago I filed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-4334,
and today I filed: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5686 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5687.

These all relate to schema validation with variations on
inbound/outbound, header/body, Provider/SEI, fault/no-fault etc.

I'd like to get these test cases baked into the CXF code base. This
way we will catch regressions and have a place to add more test cases
on demand, increasing the robustness of schema validation.

CXF-4334 and CXF-5686 both have test cases which could be combined and
which I'd be happy to sign a license grant for.

What's the next step? Is there paperwork or maybe some button I can push?

Eirik.

Re: Contributing test cases for schema validation

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
We’ve been slowly adding tests to:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/tree/master/systests/uncategorized/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/schema_validation

You can see I added some basic frameworks for the Provider based stuff yesterday.   That’s what I’d use for any starting point.   Forking on github and submitting pull requests is fine.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp