Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/07 23:27:08 UTC

Nutch website deployment

Hi,

I just wanted to finally add myself to the list of nutch committers on
nutch website and I am not sure how to deploy it.

So I have installed forrest and modified
src/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs.
Than run 'forrest'. And it generated content in src/site/build/site.

And now the questions:

Should I copy src/site/build/site to site and commit it?

How to deploy it to public Apache Web server?
Regards
Piotr

no crossposting, please!

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
Can folks please try to avoid cross-posting messages to both nutch-user
and nutch-dev?  Many folks are on both lists and don't appreciate seeing
multiple copies of messages.  If a question is about using Nutch, then
it should be sent to nutch-user.  Discussions about modifying Nutch's
implementation should be sent to nutch-dev.  When in doubt, try
nutch-user first.

Doug

Re: [Nutch-dev] Field.Text vs Field.UnStored

Posted by praveen pathiyil <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You have four different options for field types

Field method/type                           Tokenized
Indexed                  Stored

Field.Keyword(String, String)            No                       Yes
                      Yes
Field.UnIndexed(String, String)         No                        No
                      Yes
Field.UnStored(String, String)           Yes                      Yes
                      No
Field.Text(String, String)                  Yes
Yes                        Yes

Check out Otis' introductory article for a background on this:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/01/15/lucene.html?page=1

Regards,
Praveen.

Re: [Nutch-dev] Re: regex-url filter

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 9, 2005, at 6:23 PM, Zhou LiBing wrote:

> 1) If I want to limit multi-domains,what should I do

Change:
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*MY.DOMAIN.NAME/
to:
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*(domain1|domain2|...|domainN)/
> 2) if I have a mirror web site at local disk, How can I use Nutch
> to search
> the content the mirror site?

Change the line: -^(file|ftp|mailto):
to read (both of the following lines should solve your problem):
-^(ftp|mailto):
+^(file):

Let me know if it works...
Cheers,
Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>

Re: [Nutch-dev] Re: regex-url filter

Posted by Zhou LiBing <zh...@gmail.com>.
1) If I want to limit multi-domains,what should I do ,thanks

--
---Letter From your friend Blue at HUST CGCL---

Re: Site Content not indexed ? Nutch 0.7

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Nils Hoeller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> actually I thought the content of the pages,
> is beeing indexed.
>
> When I have a look with Luke at the
> index of a Nutch Crawl, it says
> contents not available.

Please try "reconstruct & Edit" button, and you should see some text
from the content. The plain text is NOT stored in Lucene index, it's
just indexed there - the text itself is stored in the segment parse_text.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Site Content not indexed ? Nutch 0.7

Posted by Nils Hoeller <ni...@arcor.de>.
Hi,

actually I thought the content of the pages,
is beeing indexed.

When I have a look with Luke at the
index of a Nutch Crawl, it says
contents not available.

When I search for a word in field "content"
that IS IN A SITE in the index,
it gives me no results.

Now I saw something in config files,
that contents is not yet beeing indexed!?

Whats correct? Is it my fault, do
I have to check some feature of crawl,
to index the contents ?
Is the contents field really not available?

Thanks for your help.

Nils

Re: Field.Text vs Field.UnStored

Posted by Matthias Jaekle <ja...@eventax.de>.
> I'm assuming doc.add is the
> object that would add tokens to the index?
Sometimes.

> How can a token (word, phrase) be
> "searchable but not stored in the index"?
Impossible.

You can search only stuff in the index. But you can not reconstruct page
content from your index.
If you would be able to get parts of the original content, you also have
to store the page.

So: Index the parts you would like to search, Store the stuff you would
like to get in their original version out of your system. Or do both.

If you want to search special fields, you should not extend the content
field, you should create a new field.

Maybe it is better to have a look at index-more plugin instead of the
basic index stuff.

Matthias
--
http://www.eventax.com - eventax GmbH
http://www.umkreisfinder.de - Die Suchmaschine für Lokales und Events

Field.Text vs Field.UnStored

strange url counting in the fetcher

Posted by EM <em...@cpuedge.com>.
Should the following be happening?

Short description:
-fetch bunch of pages.
-status: 5400 fetched, 27 errors
-fetch 22 more pages
-status: 5403 fetched, 27 errors

My regex-urlfilter excludes "jpg" and includes "?"

Long description:

050809 093001 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?6351
050809 093001 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?4141
050809 093001 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?4333
050809 093001 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.htm
050809 093002 status: segment 20050808224036-5, 5400 pages, 27 errors,
40986108 bytes, 30626719 ms
050809 093002 status: 0.17631662 pages/s, 10.455052 kb/s, 7590.02 bytes/page
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?3732
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?1398
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?3876
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?2260
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?3298
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?9396
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?1946
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?9897
050809 093002 fetching http://<domain>/<text>>.htm
050809 093007 Response content length is not known
050809 093007 fetching http:// <domain>/<text>.htm
050809 093014 Response content length is not known
050809 093015 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?8507
050809 093015 fetching http:// <domain>/<text>.htm
050809 093022 Response content length is not known
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?693
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?4637
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?7929
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?7113
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?6956
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?5054
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?4768
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?1673
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?2583
050809 093023 fetching http://<domain>/<text>.jpg?4526
050809 093024 status: segment 20050808224036-5, 5403 pages, 27 errors,
41002564 bytes, 30648859 ms
050809 093024 status: 0.17628714 pages/s, 10.451695 kb/s, 7588.8516
bytes/page

Re: [Nutch-dev] Re: regex-url filter

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.
Jay:

Re: regex-url filter

Posted by Rob Pettengill <ro...@earthlink.net>.
DNS names use a bit richer character set than you have specified.  In
this case I suspect that by specifying the inverse you will get
closer to what you intend:

+http://[^/]*\.(com|org|net|biz|mil|us|info|cc)/
-.*

A few days back there was a request for features that can be handled
by the RegexURLFilter.  If you have any uncertainties about the regex
syntax supported, it is easy to put some test rules in a customized
conf directory and test them as follows:

$ #setup your shell environment as required.  e.g. for bash:
$ export NUTCH_CONF_DIR=/Users/rcp/project/nutch/test/conf
$ export NUTCH_HOME=/Users/rcp/project/nutch/nutch-rcp
$ #next run
$ $NUTCH_HOME/bin/nutch net.nutch.net.RegexURLFilter
# you can now type in urls, one per line and see the results
http://www.somedomain.com/
+http://www.somedomain.com/
http://www.somedomain.co.uk/
-http://www.somedomain.co.uk/

of course they don't speak "American English" in the UK :-)

;rob
--
Robert C. Pettengill, Ph.D.
    rcp@stanfordalumni.org

Questions about petroleum?
     Goto:   http://AskAboutOil.com/
Need help implementing search?
     Goto:   http://MesaVida.com/

Re: regex-url filter

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

RE: regex-url filter

RE: regex-url filter

regex-url filter

regex-url filter

Re: Nutch website deployment

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I will add it to Wiki (but not today).
P.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.