Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/30 12:36:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 2.3.1 final

The Apache JMeter team are pleased to announce the release of Apache
JMeter 2.3.1 final.

Apache JMeter is a Java application designed to test server applications.
It can be used to:
* generate test loads
* test functional behaviour
* measure performance.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/

The release can be downloaded from:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_jmeter.cgi

Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to
download the source archive.

However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
See the "Getting Started" page for details:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html

This release fixes some bugs, e.g.
- proxy spoofing was broken in 2.3
- HTTP PUT and DELETE should now work properly

and has some new features:
- proxy spoofing can now be restricted to certain URLs only
- GUI supports file revert and remembers the last few file names used
- GUI has collapse all / expand all options
- remote testing is enhanced; properties can be passed to remote
servers and can be used in file names
- JDBC supports INOUT and OUT parameters and per-thread connections
- documentation is updated

The full list of changes can be found at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/changes.html

All users are recommended to upgrade to this release.

Enjoy!
The JMeter team

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 2.3.1 final

Posted by Sonam Chauhan <so...@ce.com.au>.
Aha! I remember discussing this with you. Thanks Sebb for putting this
in.

Kind regards,
Sonam Chauhan
--