Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Rajkumar S <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/18 07:51:53 UTC

Using Stomp and Apache ActiveMQ as reliable syslog

Hi,

One of my programs requires a reliable way to log across unreliable
network (ie internet). The sender or receiver may go offline any time
and can come back later. But any message sent by client should not be
missed. Obviously syslog does not fit the bill. I am exploring the use
of messaging servers like Apache ActiveMQ instead of syslog. Message
senders are in perl, ruby and C. So I have Stomp as the message
transport.

Does this serve my purpose? Is there any pitfall I am missing here?

raj

Re: Using Stomp and Apache ActiveMQ as reliable syslog

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Hi,

ActiveMQ + Stomp should work just fine for this use case

Cheers

--
Dejan Bosanac

http://www.ttmsolutions.com - get a free ActiveMQ user guide