Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gerry Chen <ko...@163.com> on 2008/12/01 03:55:04 UTC

The Form Submit can't Work!

Hi Everyone:

   I'm a new Tapestry user. I'm interesting in developing Web Program with
Tapestry Framwork.But I have some problem in my project.
  This question is the Form Submit Event can't be invoked When I click
"Export File" Button in my Page.

  My Program looks like this:

  SearchGoodsInfo.tml

  This tml file hava tow Forms.

  <t:Form id="queryForm">
         <input type="submit" t:type="submit" t:Id="Btn_Search"
t:value="Find" class="button_bg"/>
  </t:Form>

  <t:Form t:id="DownloadFile">
        	<input type="submit" t:type="submit" t:Id = "Btn_Down"
t:value="Export File" class="button_bg"/>
  </t:Form>

   SearchGoodsInfo.java

   The Event handler in java file like this:

   StreamResponse onSubmitFormDownloadFile()
  {

    StreamResponse responseDown = new XlsFileAttachmet(insFile);
    return responseDown;

  }

  The Extension .java file only have a form submit Event with "Export File"
Button.I use below code to handle another button. That is working finely.

   @OnEvent(value="selected",component = "Btn_Submit")
   public void onSearch()
  {
  }

  But the onSubmitFormDownloadFile method can not work!How can I catch the
"DownloadFile" form submit event.

Re: The Form Submit can't Work!

Posted by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>.
Hi,

this is one of the bad sides of T5: there is nothing wrong in your code, but
the correct method handler should be named onSuccessFromDownloadFile() I
think, not onSuccessFormDownloadFile.

The notation is onSOMEEVENTFromSOMECOMPONENTID when you use that approach. I
prefer the annotations though.

Here you can see the possible events that form invokes:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Form.html

(scroll to the submit events part.)

for an example if you want your method to be called when there is a
validation failure write

onFailureFromDownloadFile()

and if you want to execute only when there are no validation errors use

onSuccessFromDownloadFile()

submit event will fire regardless whether there are validation errors or
not.

 - Ville

Re: The Form Submit can't Work!

Posted by Gerry Chen <ko...@163.com>.
Thank dalahoo !

I use T5.0.16 JAR.I try your codes in my project .But I find it not to
work.I try to insert a Breakpoint in the "onSuccessFormDownloadFile()" .It
doesn't stop in the method after my clicking "Export File" Button.

I have tried to add below code.

StreamResponse onSubmit()
{
}

I find it can work.

I think I can't  make out the method invoked by "Btn_Down" or "Btn_Search"
when we use above code.Though I can add a private property to distinguish

Re: The Form Submit can't Work!

Posted by Mohammad Shamsi <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerry,

Re: The Form Submit can't Work!

Posted by Gerry Chen <ko...@163.com>.
Thank Everyone!

My Problem is resolved by myself.

Because the method name is error.The Form Submit Event use
"onSubmit+From+FormID".

Note:There is "From" not "Form"........:-/
The Form Submit