Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/21 18:37:29 UTC

Suggestion to store Facebook access tokens in local JCR once authorized

Hi devs,

It is bit time consuming if user have to authenticate himself to Facebook
for this app each time he logs in. So I already have scripts to obtain
facebook access token which has offline access. So according to Facebook
those tokens are "long lived" tokens. So how about storing it in local JCR?
We can store them with a key of his/her photark logged in user id.

WDYT?

Thanks
--
Subash Chaturanga
University of Moratuwa

Blog -  http://subashsdm.blogspot.com/
Twitter - http://twitter.com/subash89

Re: Suggestion to store Facebook access tokens in local JCR once authorized

Posted by Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > It is bit time consuming if user have to authenticate himself to Facebook
> > for this app each time he logs in. So I already have scripts to obtain
> > facebook access token which has offline access. So according to Facebook
> > those tokens are "long lived" tokens. So how about storing it in local
> JCR?
> > We can store them with a key of his/her photark logged in user id.
> >

> +1, Please look at the authentication pieces that we have as I think
> it already create a user profile, we could just add that as one
> property for the user profile.

+1 for adding it as a property.

Suho might know more details or we
> could look into the code to see how that is working.

Yes, I also thought to add this as a property to where the security layer
keeps the user profile information. But I still not aware of how security
layer related things happens. I will also look in to it.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> It is bit time consuming if user have to authenticate himself to Facebook
> for this app each time he logs in. So I already have scripts to obtain
> facebook access token which has offline access. So according to Facebook
> those tokens are "long lived" tokens. So how about storing it in local JCR?
> We can store them with a key of his/her photark logged in user id.

+1, Please look at the authentication pieces that we have as I think
it already create a user profile, we could just add that as one
property for the user profile. Suho might know more details or we