Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com on 2016/09/20 13:52:08 UTC

about isolated ignite clusters on the same set of machines

Guys:

in our network, we want to isolate some of the machine to build cluster
for testing, I looked at the following document,also do the test, but
found that this document may not be correct:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.7/docs/cluster-config#isolated-ignite-clusters-on-the-same-set-of-machin

If the addresses property of TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder is set to 127.0.0.1,
multiple ignite nodes started in the same machine,is the isolation of
cluster, has nothing to do with the localPort attribute, if do not set
the addresses property, even if the localPort property of
TcpDiscoverySpi and TcpCommunicationSpi are diff, also belong to the
same cluster.

The way I think is to set the IP address list for the addresses
property, but it doesn't look elegant, does anyone in the community know
the right, or elegant way?

Re: about isolated ignite clusters on the same set of machines

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.
Hi\uff1a

I know\uff0cthanks!

\u5728 16/9/20 23:07, Yakov Zhdanov \u5199\u9053:
> This
> overrides org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder#setMulticastGroup
>
> --Yakov

>> Hi:
>>
>> what is the java api?
>>
>> \u5728 16/9/20 22:03, Yakov Zhdanov \u5199\u9053:
>>
>> Hi!
>>> When I need to isolate clusters in the same network I pass
>>> -DIGNITE_OVERRIDE_MCAST_GRP=x.x.x.x to java process starting node or
>>> -J-DIGNITE_OVERRIDE_MCAST_GRP=x.x.x.x as ignite.sh parameter.
>>>

>>> --Yakov

>>> Guys:

Re: about isolated ignite clusters on the same set of machines

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.
Community,

https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.7/docs/cluster-config#isol
ated-ignite-clusters-on-the-same-set-of-machin

|The above document should be a problem, may cause misleading to the
developer, whether someone should fix it? In addition, can the API of
DiscoverySpi be optimized to facilitate the support of cluster isolation
within a network? I think this is very useful for development and testing.|

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
This

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Hi!